- Proven processes and expertise for data collection, governance and reporting
- Software development and O&M projects assessed at CMMI Level 3
- Customer Support Centers ranked "excellent", among the highest in the industry
We have firsthand experience with many of the challenges faced by federal civilian agencies. In the current economic environment, many of the programs are more important today than ever before. While the number of people in need of assistance continues to rise, the funds and staff required to administer them have not kept pace.
For example, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act increases funding for essential benefits and is jump starting much needed projects, but it also creates a new set of administrative and oversight challenges. We made a conscious decision to build our practice to meet this specific challenge; implementing solutions that lower costs and improve quality. Provided below are examples of how AEM is helping to improve lives through the effective distribution and oversight of grant funds and through the operation of programs that touch just about every person.
- We support the U.S. Department of Education, the Council of the Chief State School Officers, and State Education Agencies through the operation of the national Education Data Exchange Network, Partner Support Center, and through the collection and dissemination of data to researchers, policy makers, and grant recipients in their efforts to ensure No Child is Left Behind.
- We designed and developed a data exchange network for the U.S. Department of Labor and the National Association of State Workforce Agencies that automates the Unemployment Insurance information exchange process between employers and government so benefits can be disbursed more timely and accurately to those in need.
Please visit our Information Technology capabilities section to learn more about our IT service offerings.