Our staff of education experts includes former local, state, and federal education staff, including teachers, principals, superintendents, chief information officers, data stewards, grant managers, program officers, and administrators.
In addition to AEM’s internal expertise, we have a network of consultants and partners who collaborate with us to provide specialized knowledge and skills.
Our expertise spans numerous education topics, including early learning, personalized learning, literacy, equitable access, charter schools, school improvement and the arts.
Improving the Quality of Education for Students
Improving the quality of education for students in the U.S. is one of the biggest investments we can make to develop our future leaders, teachers and innovators. AEM provides extensive program and project management experience, technical skills, and subject matter expertise to support federal, state, and local initiatives to improve education for students across the country.
AEM has provided education solutions to the U.S. Department of Education (ED) and to states, districts, non-profits, and institutions of higher education on the behalf of ED for the past 15 years. We collaborate with our clients to deploy established processes, tools, and frameworks to meet the unique requirements of each project and ensure its success. Our processes are innovative and flexible, with focused attention on the needs of ED and the states, districts, and organizations they support.
Education organizations are increasingly reliant on information technology tools for data collection and use, collaboration, management activities, and personalizing learning. We help our education customers manage and share information across organizations efficiently and effectively. We combine education content and IT expertise to integrate innovative and easy-to-use tools into the following four service offerings:
- Tool development. We develop new tools to accommodate unique processes in data collection, reporting, peer-to-peer learning and collaboration, and grants management.
- Tool customization. We also offer targeted customizations of our existing IT tools, such as GRADS360°, to meet the unique needs of each client.
- Business process analysis. We analyze and document business processes to support improved efficiency.
- Training and support. We offer personalized training and support in the use of our tools for each client.
A growing number of education programs, including Race to the Top-Early Learning Challenge and Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems, use AEM’s information technology and tools like GRADS360° to meet the web-based platform needs of states, districts, and grantees.
Schools, districts, states, and postsecondary institutions collect data to make decisions and improve services for students and families. AEM’s expertise in data management covers the entire data lifecycle—from data collection to data management and use with a focus on:
- Data collection. We offer innovative approaches to education data acquisition and support for data submitters.
- Data management. Our experts support data governance capacity-building and strategic planning.
- Data quality. We develop and implement best practices in data quality management, assessment, and improvement.
- Data use. We profile data usage needs and offer plans and tools for internal and external users
Our work with ED includes support for state-level data collection through EDFacts (the nation’s largest collection of state-level data) and extends to working with states to effectively manage and use the longitudinal data they collect through their statewide educational data systems.
As educators focus on making sure their students are college- and career-ready, they need support to implement new initiatives and make important decisions to foster learning. We work with ED to tailor technical assistance services to evolving state and local needs. We help decision-makers and leaders implement innovative and research-based programs in four primary technical assistance areas:
- Content expertise: We ensure states and districts have support from experts in the field.
- Individualized supports. Our experts engage individually, often on-site, with states and districts to respond to their needs.
- Peer-to-peer connections. We strategically partner professionals in states or districts who are working on similar projects.
- Workshops and regional convenings. We organize and facilitate workshops and regional meetings to support collaboration across states and districts.
Our tools and resources, such as best practice guides and rubrics for implementation, are used in all 60 of the U.S. state education agencies to help policymakers and educators improve service to students and parents from early childhood through college and career.
Research and Evaluation
Education leaders face complex choices when selecting and implementing programs to improve student outcomes. We specialize in helping education leaders adopt, monitor, and enhance innovative educational programs by providing support in the following research and evaluation areas:
- Data analysis and visualization. We use rigorous statistical and qualitative methods to describe education data and identify state and national trends.
- Evaluation methods. Our expertise includes rigorous formative and summative program evaluation methods.
- Evaluation capacity-building. We support clients in evaluation design, implementation, and analysis. We develop evaluation tools, with expertise in logic models and survey design.
- Strong academic writing. We specialize in writing that meets peer-review, while communicating research clearly and accessibly.
We have supported over 40 districts, non-profits, and institutions of higher education to improve their existing evaluation designs in order to understand their impact on student outcomes. Through AEM’s Communities360° platform, we provide guidance to researchers and practitioners for strengthening research designs in order to meet the What Works Clearinghouse standards.
To find out more about how AEM can help solve your information technology, technical assistance, data management, or research and evaluation needs, contact Mark Blevins, Senior Vice President at Mark.Blevins@aemcorp.com.